Freshman in the business [Introduction]

Holding one of the highest populations on planet Earth, Brooklyn is home to a very diverse group of people. Everything from Hispanics, to Blacks, to Italians, to Polish, to whatever resides here. The income brackets vary so much here that it makes Brooklyn the perfect city to turn a hustler into a millionaire without leaving the block.
Vincenzo Ricci
Cash on hand: Locked

Freshman in the business [Introduction]

Post by Vincenzo Ricci » September 24th, 2017, 10:53 am

Vicenzo, so called Vince, was a legitimate person. The trucker worked for a national company for years, he only made few bucks from it, enough to pay for expenses but no leftovers. It was the misery life of a man who had bigger dreams, he wanted to go to college but who can afford that nowadays, he wanted to be a mechanical engineer but yeah, no one is doing what he wanted to do. Vincenzo didn't hate his life tho, he liked the night meetings with other truckers in the bar, and sleeping in the back of the truck during long trips wasn't that bad, but it wasn't enough. After months of looking for a better paying job, he couldn't find something that fits his skills and pay range, but he met someone tho. Chuco Alvarez was a national drug trafficker, he used legal transports to traffic drugs around the state, he was so good he never got caught. Vincenzo and Chuco met in a bar, they talked and Vincenzotold him about his financial problems, Chuco used that for granted.

"Well I can help you get extra bucks if you want"

"How??"

"I'll give you two dufflebags daily, you just take em' to your destination that the truck company sent you to, and deliver it to my friend there. I'll pay you five hundred for each delivery"

"What if I get caught?"

"Then that's your problem, and why would a cop randomly frisk you idiota'?"
V
"Deal then"

And that's how Vincenzo's good days started, pick up the bag, drive it to Queens, give it to a Mexican.It was all good for awhile, money coming in, he even bought a car. But of course, everything has an end, the payments became less and less, and at some point they stopped. It looks like Mr.Alvarez found a new puppet, a RS trucking trucker used to take the bags from Brooklyn to Chicago. After days of looking, Vincenzo found Chuco with his new employee in the bar, talking and laughing just like he did with him,he understood his game. He walked towards him, and stood looking at him like a statue.

"Where's my money?"

"Who the fuck are you?"

"I fucking drive your shit to Queens mother fucker"

And there goes two Mexicans stood up coming towards Vincenzo, kicking his ass till his nose started bleeding. He was on the ground, while the two guys jumped him, kicking him in the stomach, while Chuco and his puppet sat watching and laughing. They hurt him so bad, his honor was hurt, his pride was hurt, he couldn't let that one slip. He went outside, driving his Camry away. Revenge was all over his head, yes he is a legal loving person, but not on this one. Lorenzo Cassiano was Vincezo's neighbor and friend when they were kids, well you can say he didn't make it either so he went in the wrong side. Lorenzo dropped out of school in his second year of high school, his mother was a prostitute so he just ran away looking after himself. Somehow he got involved with guns, he loved guns, he even started learning about guns and their parts ect..
Lorenzo and Vincenzo were kinda close, Vincenzo used to sneak Lorenzo into the house and take good care of him, and sometimes let him spend nights without his mom knowing. Now, Lorenzo is a twenty six years old guy who is a gun expert and dealer in New York, he offered a job to Vincenzo but the "good boy" , like Lorenzo called him, refused. A job was probably not the reason why Vincenzo called him, but his rage reached the point where he needed a piece to pop the guy who fucked him outta his cash and honor.

"Speak"

"It's Vince, where are you?"

"My man, what's up?"

"No fucking time Enzo, get a Colt ready, I'll pay cash. Where do we meet?"

"Um chill man, meet me at the 23rdrd street."

"Yeah yeah, where we used to play back in the days right?"

"Yeah, I'll be there"

Too pissed to answer, Viencenzo just hung up in Lorenzo's face, driving like a maniac towards the 23rd street. He didn't park, but drifted stopping in front of Lorenzo's classy BMW, a lot of cash in gun trafficking. Lorenzo went out with one of his guys, who was wearing pretty expensive clothes. At that moment, Vincenzo wished he had accepted that job offer, but he still was pissed and was in a hurry to get his revenge.

"What's up?"

"Hey Enzo, here's the cash."

He offered the stash of cash to Lorenzo, who reached the gun under his waist, and handed it over to Vincenzo who seemed in a hurry.

"I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you"

"You will understand, I'll tell you later. But for now I got work to do."
Lorenzo just nodded walking back to his BMW with his friend, while Vincenzo just walked back to his Camry, recklessly driving towards the bar. He parked behind the Chuco's car exactly, and went out brekaing the window with his leg. Some light damage but loud noise, causing Chuco and his two guys to come out. Chuco yelled.
" You want another ass kicking asshole?"

His accent was a little cringe, enough reason for Vincenzo to shoot him, and that's what he actually did. Vincenzo looked at the three men walking towards him and took his Colt out, shooting Chuco in the head, who fell dead on the ground. The two others tried to escape but Vincenzo took a long shot on them shooting both of them. After hiding his gun under his waist, he quickly got into the Camry and drove away towards Brooklyn. That was kind of the beginning of the real life of Vincenzo Ricci, he quit his job and worked in Bensonhurst Gun Range for a guy called James Scalise. James Scalise was a pretty serious guy, good boss, and well paying too. For almost a year or even few months more, Vincenzo worked for James doing different kinds of job, first it was all legal until he got offered extra cash for "special" jobs. Unlike Chuco, James was a man of his word, paid Vincenzo every dime for every work. It was all fun until the final test came.

Just like every day, Vincenzo was in the Gun Range working there, till he was called to James' office to talk about an "urgent" thing.

"Have a seat Vince"

"What's up James?"

"You've been working for us for quite a while. To be honest, you're doing really good, I guess it's time you get a real task"

"Sure....I can do anything"

"There is this place in Eastern the city, more like a garage. A guy there wants to act tough and refused to pay us our dues. We tried everything, including shooting his leg, motherfucker won't budge."

"So, want me to kill him?"

"No, I want you to burn his garage. We lost cash because of him, let him lose everything he's got, his garage."

"Understood."

That day was the rebirth of Vincenzo, for him, if he passed the test he will become somebody. He had some experience in explosives, but he preferred using Molotovs. He bought a box of a Whiskey bottles and few torn pieces of clothes, he sticked the pieces of clothes inside the bottle and put them in the back seat. Driving slowly, he reached his destination, where the black guy in charge had a bandage on his leg and was hardly walking.
"I'll burn the fucker in his own place."

He reached the lighters in his pocket and lighted the pieces of clothes up, he opened the back door and threw the Molotovs quickly one by one inside the garage. The man tried to go out but he tripped and burned alive, while Vincenzo threw all the bottles in. He got into his car and drove away fast before the police arrives, fast enough that he reached the Gun Range and walked inside fast to James' office who was talking to one of the employees, soon as he saw Vince coming, he motioned to the guy to go back to work.

"So, how was it?"

"Smooth, he burned inside the garage"

"Well that was just good luck, motherfucker had to pay."

The last of of Vince's life as a Youngster, he got a meeting with the Capo Matteo De Vivo who was introduced by James, who vouched for him. After explaining how the system works, the crew members started hugging Vincenzo and congratulating him for being in business officially. It was a happy time, he got more power and respect, but with power comes responsibility. He was a big thing in the family but he was accepted as an associate, the working members of the family, he already had tons of money making ideas in his mind.

Requests:
5k start up cash
Lorenzo Cassiano as Contact
Critiques are appreciated

Godzilla
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Freshman in the business [Introduction]

Post by Godzilla » September 25th, 2017, 10:28 am

5k start up cash $10,000 $5k per your request, and $5k for the new character.
Lorenzo Cassiano as Contact Approved!
Critiques are appreciated See below...

Bonus: You're getting James Scalise as a contact, and a Glock 17 w/silencer.

I've told you once, and I'll tell you again. Your work is getting better and better with each piece you submit. Just for fun, take a look at the first piece you wrote and compare it to this one. Everything flows together, the story makes sense, appearance-wise it looks nicer. You still need to work on using a period to end your sentences. A part from that, the grammatical errors are excusable. One final thing, try to write the full word and avoid shortening it as if you were posting to Twitter or Facebook. I think I only saw that once in this piece (you said 'tho' instead of 'though'), but I noticed it quite a few more times in your previous posts.

I must say, I really liked the evolution of Vince. Most characters around here are natural born killers, or have always been involved in crime. Vince is different and I appreciate that. The story of him working hard and having nothing to show for it is one that I think a lot of us have felt. Way to go!
King Kong can eat shit!