They don't call it Vice City for nothing

Consisting of the USA, Canada and Mexico, this continent exists wholly within the Northern Hemisphere and almost wholly within the Western Hemisphere. It can also be considered a northern subcontinent of the Americas. It is bordered to the north by the Arctic Ocean, to the east by the Atlantic Ocean, to the west and south by the Pacific Ocean, and to the southeast by South America and the Caribbean Sea.
Steven Palmer
Cash on hand: Locked

They don't call it Vice City for nothing

Post by Steven Palmer » May 9th, 2016, 7:54 am

Steven flicked the cigarette butt under the car with the others he had smoked while pondering over the chain of events he was about to start and scanned the lot looking for his manager. He wasn't in sight, so he took the burner phone from his pocket and dialled an old contact. On the third ring someone on the receiving end answered with silence. It was customary for the caller to identify himself first in these dealings but Steven nevertheless took his time listening to the waves crashing on the boat on the other line. "It's Steven," he finally said as he anxiously shot another look towards the dealership's office "calling from a burner."

"Didn't you go legit?" the woman on the other side answered in a thick hispanic accent. "I heard your mamacita's papi scared you straight," she continued with a certain gaiety in her tone of voice which irked Steven immensily, although he had expected it. "No one is ever legit in Miami, Rosa" he tried to mimick her gay demeanor but she nevertheless saw straight through it. "Woah you saying you want back in? Can't do that baby, filled your spot already."

"Well," Steven surpressed the urge to curse and show any sign of desparation, "let me know when there's an opening."

"Will do, papi" Rosa hung up, they were never really friends so she wasn't going to stay on the line for a chat and ask how the misses was and if the kid could form entire sentences by now. Steven was a bit disappointed in her lack of interest, though, as he remembered how great a lay she was and Cassandra couldn't live up to that in her wildest dreams. Not enough experience.

Gaetano Artuso

Re: They don't call it Vice City for nothing

Post by Gaetano Artuso » October 12th, 2016, 7:00 am

The green Jaguar Sovereign rolled into the sales lot with its windows open and an old Italian song of acquired taste tickled many an imagination about who might be driving the expensive car. With the fall of the Italian-american heavyweight that was the Rizzo Crime Family, whose last kingpin was imprisoned three weeks go, the mafia had lost power nationwide. Their well-cemented powerbase in the underworld had its fundation tested and had shown cracks which were immediately exploited. Chicago and Los Angeles, two cashcows for Rizzo, were quickly overtaken by multi-ethnic organizations and left the Italians in a difficult spot. The driver of the Jaguar, a Chicago-based mobster, saw his profit margin disappear and chose to relocate in search of greener pastures.

"Oi-" Gaetano yelled at his son-in-law, his expression jovial beneath the layer of sweat that covered his unshaven upper lip. He had traded in his suit for a short-sleeved blouse of white cotton and his unwaxed hair was covered with a straw hat. A golden rolex adorned the arm that rhythmically knocked on the outside of the cardoor. "-Stevie! Come here!" He continued as he parked the car in the middle of the lot's intersection and clearly had no intention of getting out the airconditioned car. "Come here! I got good news!"

Steven Palmer

Post by Steven Palmer » October 30th, 2016, 7:28 am

"Oh fuck me," Steven sighed, quickly switching the burner phone in his hand with a pack of cigarettes. The last thing he needed was a hypocrite of a mobster checking in on him to see if he kept the straight and narrow. Especially now that he was trying to get back in the game. Putting his free hand in the air, Steven tried to look as welcoming as he could. "Hey mister Artuso!" he hollered as he started his rather unwilling approach to the Jaguar Sovereign.

On his way over he opened the package and pulled out a cigarette which he only lighted after a careful glance around for his supervisor. "What has you in Miami again, sir?" Steven asked as he put the cig between his lips and rested his free arm against the passenger door.

Gaetano Artuso

Post by Gaetano Artuso » October 30th, 2016, 7:37 am

A frown crossed Gaetano's face, "My grandson, you prick."

The jovial entrance having come to an end, Gaetano decided not the keep up appearances. "Listen, stupid, I've decided to move down here. Gotta be close to my first grandson, yeknow?" the usual grin was nowhere to be seen, having been replaced by a sour and serious expression.

WIP